Tracy Hickman was interviewed on the 'Fear the Boot' podcast this week, with the first half of his interview available now.
- (0:32) Who Tracy Hickman is and where you probably know him from.
- (3:41) The story of how Tracy’s wife and a missed ride got him into gaming.
- (8:25) The current trend in complexity and execution of roleplaying games. Be sure to check out both X-treme Dungeon Mastery and Killer Breakfast.
- (27:41) Raising his son in the hobby, and the experience of co-writing X-treme Dungeon Mastery with him.
- (30:56) The strangest places he’s seen his own material, and the unique relationship between an author and reader.
- (36:52) The impact of social networking and new media on the publishing industry ... with a discussion on the dragonsbard series.
I hope you’ll join us there for the second half of the interview next week in which we talk more about new media, Dragonlance (including the movie), community building, my upcoming projects, and more! Hosted: Chad, Dan, Pat, Wayne.
You can visit this episode on the Fear the Boot episode web page or listen to it right here...